The Money Advice and Budgeting Service (MABS) is a national, free, confidential, and independent service, providing advice and support to people in debt or in danger of getting into debt. Each MABS company is rooted within the communities they serve, and staff work with clients to enable them to cope with immediate debt problems and assist clients with identifying appropriate solutions and advocate with creditors on their behalf.
Relief Dedicated Mortgage Arrears Advisor
North Connacht & Ulster MABS – Based in Letterkenny
North Connacht & Ulster MABS has a vacancy for a part-time, temporary Relief Dedicated Mortgage Arrears Adviser until 31st December 2027. The Relief Dedicated Mortgage Arrears Adviser will provide a free, independent, confidential mortgage arrears advice service to facilitate clients to deal with mortgage debt problems and to become financially independent in the long term. Dedicated Mortgage Arrears Advisers also provide debt prevention education to the target group.
The Relief Dedicated Mortgage Arrears Adviser will provide on-site Dedicated Mortgage Arrears Advice cover in a designated Regional MABS Area with remote/telephone/online support to some clients, as required. Relief Dedicated Mortgage Arrears Advisers will be allocated their own caseload of DMA clients and attend at Court Mentoring sessions in the region, as required
Staff employed in a Relief Dedicated MABS Mortgage Arrears Adviser role will be required to travel to and work from multiple service locations in a MABS Region. Access to a car/transport in order to cover the required area is a requirement for RDMA Adviser roles.
For more information, please see the job description.
- This is a temporary position subject to completion of a six-month probationary period. The DMA project is currently funded by the Citizens Information Board until 31 December 2027.
- Full Time Salary Scale: €36,906 to €53,164 (including 2 long service increments), pro-rata for part time staff.
- Incremental Credit: It is expected that all new entrants to MABS will be appointed at point one of the salary scale. However, North Connacht & Ulster MABS operates an incremental credit process for appointments higher than point one. This process is applicable to new entrants into MABS. Incremental credit criteria, based on the competencies and essential criteria for the role, are assessed against employment history as laid out in the application form only. The decision on whether or not to award an incremental credit is a decision made by the Board and is subject to the availability of funding. See candidate pack for more information.
- A panel may be formed of qualified candidates from which temporary part-time Relief Dedicated Mortgage Arrears Advisers posts, which are to be filled before the 30st September 2024, will be filled from, should positions arise in this period. Posts will be located in the Donegal region.
- Application Process: These details are outlined in the candidate pack.
- Closing date: 12 noon on Friday 22nd September 2023. CVs and late and/or incomplete applications will not be accepted.
Please note that MABS has established a normal retirement age in line with the State Pension (currently 66).
For details on how your personal data will be used as part of this process our Data Protection Notice for Job Applicants is available here:
MABS is an equal opportunities employer.
Funded and supported by the Citizens Information Board